March Blog

 


SO EXCITED!! 

Community service: 10 hours

Total community service: 20 hours.

I'm currently experiencing an astonishing phase where I can't believe the program is coming to an end. It has been a pleasure to be part of an amazing school and professors. Who have taught us so much throughout this years. We have taken out last module exams and I'm finally done with all my presentations for the semester! The psych module has been the one of the most interesting topics learned so far. Learning about different medications that can be used to treat depression, anxiety and other illnesses is phenomenal. Mental health is something that needs to be continuously addressed in our society but, I'm happy to see how science has advanced on finding ways to improve people's lives. For my community service this month, my mother and I decided to make 300 blankets containing small scriptures of the bible. We decided to gift them to homeless individuals along with our church the Great Commission in Harvey. This task took approximately 10 hours, we started handing out blankets at 8:00 AM and finished around 6 PM. They were distributed throughout the Westbank and New Orleans as well a word of hope was given to everyone. This kind of acts are always so humbling and a reminder to never EVER consider yourself better than anyone. We are all made by the same creator and have our own very special talents and qualities.

Comments

Popular Posts