Kindness Makes a Better World



During the second week of September, I had the pleasure to volunteer at the Great Commission's church located in Harvey to feed the homeless in the New Orleans area. It was an amazing experience where my eyes were opened to have a different spectrum of life and noticed how we undervalue so many opportunities throughout our lifetime. Many of these individuals have outstanding life experiences which are untold and need someone to listen to them.

We started our journey around 8:00 AM in the Tchoupitoulas are specifically under the bridge. I was in charge of passing out the pre-made meals to the homeless as well as we prayed and gifted everyone a bible. I am more than blessed to have such an experienced where I encountered that feeling of being more compassionate, caring, and willing to serve others because periodically we can become very egocentric and forget to be humane which is very important. I will never forget all the smiles and every single "Thank You" we received from everyone. I learned to be thankful everyday even on the days I feel like everything is going downhill because there are plenty of individuals who are living under worse conditions than us.
 






Comments

Popular Posts